Facial fillers, also called dermal fillers, are injected into the skin to help reduce and soften facial creases and wrinkles, increase volume for thin lips and improve the facial contours by adding subtle volume to cheeks and other areas.
Stunning and Natural-Looking Cosmetic Results
Injectables are the cosmetic treatments of choice for many individuals seeking immediate results without having to undergo surgery. Dr. Nayyar uses her discerning eye for beauty and balance to create natural and stunning results.
How Do Injectables Work?
Injectable cosmetic fillers, also called dermal fillers, are soft tissue fillers composed of hyaluronic acid or collagen. Collagen is a fibrous protein which gives structure to bone, muscles, skin, and other connective tissues. It is a protein found abundantly in the body, but it can be lost due to aging or other factors. Collagen is widely used in treating skin and bone problems, and for our purposes it is used to revitalize and replenish skin tone.
Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in your body which is used as a filler to aid in skin healing. It maintains extracellular space and provides a passage of nutrients. It plays a key role in tissue regeneration and inflammation response in your body and is a common ingredient in many skin care products. It is used as an injectable to treat wrinkles and fine lines to achieve a smooth facial appearance.
Injectable fillers are gaining popularity due to their immediate, long-lasting, and natural-looking results. As some of the most sought-after treatments, they have little to no downtime and also stimulate the body’s collagen production. At Dermaclinique, Dr. Nayyar, M.D. will help you choose from a wide range of fillers that include, but are not limited to Juvéderm, Restylane, and Volbella.
Juvéderm is a dermal filler that uses hyaluronic acid to treat and repair damaged skin. It was approved by the FDA for cosmetic use in 2006. When used in your cheeks, lips, and around the mouth it can help restore your facial contours and reverse signs of aging. Juvéderm consists of a family of injectables which includes Juvéderm XC, Juvéderm Voluma XC, Vollure XC, Juvéderm Ultra XC, and Volbella XC. Based on the treatment you need, Dr. Nayyar will prescribe the best Juvéderm fillers for you.
- Juvéderm XC and Juvéderm Vollure XC address the loss of elasticity in your skin and fill out wrinkles and lines around your mouth and nose.
- Juvéderm Ultra XC and Juvéderm Volbella XC are best suited for nonsurgical lip enhancement treatments.
- Juvéderm Voluma XC adds volume beneath your skin’s surface and enhances the form of your cheeks.
Juvéderm treatment mainly focuses on the face, specifically the cheeks, lips, and around the mouth. It is best suited for the treatment of large creases such as nasolabial folds, marionette lines, crow’s feet, as well as for augmenting the lips. Juvéderm is made up of a smooth gel which prevents unwanted bumping or rippling in your skin, and the results of the treatment are often noticeable immediately and can last from one to two years.
Volbella belongs to the Juvéderm family of fillers that uses the patented Vycross technology. It is an FDA approved injectable filler which is best suited for enhancement of the lips. It is also used in correction of perioral lines, also called lipstick lines, that sometimes appear on the mouth. It is designed to plump the lips and minimize the appearance of fine lines around the mouth.
Volbella is a temporary filler made from hyaluronic acid. As hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in your body, this injectable does not need to be tested for allergies. It is best suited for subtle enhancement of the lips and correction of small lines. It does not make the lips puffy or bulky. Swelling, redness, tenderness and itchiness in the area that was treated are some of the common and temporary side effects of Volbella.
Restylane includes a range of injectable fillers used to fill your facial hollows, increase cheek volume, and contour your chin, forehead, and nose. Restylane is formulated with non-animal sourced hyaluronic acid. The Restylane family includes Restylane, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Defyne, Restylane Refyne, and Restylane Silk. Dr. Nayyar, M.D. will recommend the type of Restylane best suited for you based on what you are trying to accomplish and your existing facial structure.
- Dr. Nayyar will recommend Restylane if you are looking to augment your lips, correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles, or treat nasolabial folds.
- Restylane Lyft gives natural-looking fullness to your cheeks, mid-face area and the back of your hands. It can be used to treat wrinkles on your face as well as your hands. Restylane Lyft is the first and only filler that is suitable for your face as well as your hands.
- You can define your facial expression with Restylane Defyne. Similar to Restylane Refyne, Restylane Defyne will help smooth out your nasolabial folds and marionette lines. As it maintains your natural facial movements, it will help you maintain a natural expression.
- If you are looking for lip augmentation, Restylane Silk is designed for you. It also helps achieve silkier, smoother and more natural-looking lips. It also smooths wrinkles around your mouth.
Restylane fillers can accomplish many things, from enhancing lips to diminishing wrinkles and lines in your skin, melomental folds, marionette lines, and nasolabial folds.
At Dermaclinique, our dermatologist and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Nayyar, will help you determine the best treatment to accomplish stunning, natural-looking results.