Dr. John Kirk is a board-certified dermatologist who, prior to joining the team at Dermaclinique, owned and operated a solo dermatology practice in St. Petersburg for 28 years. His focus, as always, is on optimum patient care. He specializes in medical dermatology, including skin cancer detection.
Dr. John F Kirk
ABOUT JOHN F KIRK, MD, FAAD
Board Certified Dermatologist
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Dr. Kirk graduated from the University of Florida as the Four-Year Scholar (the only person in his class to receive all A’s in every course taken over all 4 years) and was selected to Phi Beta Kappa honorary fraternity. He graduated second in his class from the University of Florida College of Medicine and was selected to Alpha Omega Alpha honorary fraternity.
He completed his dermatology residency at the University of Virginia. He has been involved in research projects at Hill Top Research. Teaching positions have included Clinical Associate Professor in Dermatology at the University of South Florida and Preceptor for the Bayfront Medical Center Family Practice Residency. He has been a team physician for the Tampa Bay Rays for over 25 years.
- Dermatology Residency – University of Virginia
- Internship (lnternal Medicine) University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Doctor of Medicine University of Florida
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology – University of Florida
- Multiple Endorine Neoplasia Type lll: A case Report and Review.
John F. Kirk, M.D., Franklin P. FIowers, M.D’ et. al.
Pediatric Dermatology, L991: 8(2): 124-8.
- Papular Mucinosis in HIV lnfection. Roger s. Gildersleeve.
Jotin F. Kirk, M.D., et. al. Cutic 1995; 55: 174-6
- Miliaria Profunda. John F. Kirk, M.D., walter chun, M.D. et.al.
Journal of American Academy of Dermatology 1996; 35: 854-6
Dr. Kirk is thrilled to join the outstanding dermatology team at Dermaclinique and is accepting new patients at the St. Petersburg location.